Sweet Home-area youth (grades 7–9) are invited to participate in the upcoming Youth Rural Community Leadership class. This program, made possible by the City of Sweet Home, is based on the belief that thriving rural communities develop from a broad base of skilled, diverse, and motivated leaders.
RDI’s Rural Community Leadership Program:
- Focuses on developing the community leadership capacity of individuals
- Is offered at no cost to participants; meals and materials are included
- Asks only that participants contribute their time and commitment to complete the class project
- Session 1: Thursday, November 11, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Session 2: Wednesday, November 17, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
- Session 3: Wednesday, December 1, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
- Session 4: Wednesday, December 8, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
- Session 5: Wednesday, December 15, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
- Session 6: Wednesday, January 5, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
- Session 7: Monday, January 17, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Session 8: Monday, February 21, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Session 9/Graduation: Wednesday, March 16, 4:00 – 8:30 pm
A typical class consists of approximately 25-35 youth participants and is designed to connect many different voices on the challenges and opportunities faced by rural places. Area youth who wish to gain new tools for making positive change in the local community are encouraged to apply.
There are still some spots open. Registration open up until the end of the first class and walk-in registration is available (Parents must be present to register their student). Click here to apply online today.
Contact Jessie Katon, Program Coordinator: